Wednesday, April 2, 2008

A packed Gym

Elipticals: 4 miles--40 minutes Running--2 miles--20 minutes

The gym was packed yesterday. I kind of thought that it would be a little lighter because it was starting to get warm outside but I guessed wrong. I would run outside but I've become terrified of slipping on ice since I've heard a few horror stories lately that involve some pretty horrid injuries. I think I'll definetly wait for it to get a little warmer outside to ensure that I stay safe enough to be able to run my half marathon.

My workout was pretty good. I pushed it pretty hard on the elipticals because all of the treadmills were taken for a good amount of time. I did get a small run in as well. I found it a little tough to transition from a hard workout on the elipticals to jumping on the treadmill but I was pleased that my body found it challenging.

I've attained a whole new goal other than just trying to complete a half marathon. Now, I really want to try to get into better shape even before I start training in May and hopefully even better shape when I do start training. Yesterday I had a rather big discussion with someone that made me really want to work to look my best.

No comments: