Monday, April 14, 2008

New Running Kicks!

This weekend I made a grand adventure to the Running Room and bought some new running shoes. I had heard some bad things about Nike but most of them seemed meerly image issues such as "if you run in Nike's at a race you will look like a newbie". I'm not entirely sure the critics are true. The runners I talked to at the store seemed to favor Nike's air technology and said they prefer running in them. So then I took out a test run of a pair of Saucony's, Brooks, and some Nike's. I ended up purchasing a pair of Pegasus Nike's. They seemed to feel the best out of all three and that is what was important.

Tonight I plan on getting a good run in. I think it's supposed to be fairly warm outside so maybe I'll get an outdoor run in.

4 comments:

Chris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chris said...

I LOVE getting new running shoes! Nothing better in life...

I run races in a pair of Mizuno's but I have a pair of Nike's for training and I like them a lot. The biggest complaint I hear about Nike's is that they are too narrow, and I have to admit, they are a little more narrow than my Mizuno's or my Asics for that matter (did I mention I like to buy running shoes). You are also right about the stigma associated with wearing Nike's. Of course, all of those people that talk trash about Nike shoes probably have the Nike+ system banging away on their iPod's...

Sorry removed the first post due to misspelled crap...

Anonymous said...

Buying shoes for a runner is like buying a new car for 'regular' people!! Well, maybe not... but it's still a great feeling when you go out running with your new shoes, that fit perfectly, feel great and look awesome!
How was your run?

EmLit said...

I once read a blog post about the French president (also a runner) in which the blogger stated that Sarkozy cannot possibly be a real runner because he wears Nikes! I think it is silly to make statements like that, and I'm glad you ignored the ridiculous things people say and got the best pair of shoes for you. Everyone's feet are different, and different shoe brands work for different people--to say that Nikes are for newbies is just silly. That would imply that newbies have one type of foot while seasoned runners have a different type, and that once you transition from newbie to seasoned, your foot type changes :)