Tuesday, July 15, 2008

7 Mile Confusion

Run Distance 7 miles, Run Time 1:10:00

So yesterday I was really scheduled to do a 3 miler. But for two reasons I decided to get my 7 miler out of the way:

Reason 1: I was sick of short runs after last week's training week of 5 milers.
Reason 2: My 7 mile run was scheduled for Saturday--the day I fly to Florida. I figured it will be near to impossible to get a run in on that day and so I should move it forward.

Well...I was kind of in a hurry to get my run done with and didn't really pay attention to my schedule other than the number 7 and knowing that it was a speed day. I figured it was probably a 7 mile interval run. I hopped on the treadmill (I'm still battling a cold and it appears to help if I run inside). Anyways...got on the treadmill and did a 1 mile warmup. Then I hit the speed and increased to about a 7:30 min/mile. I then slowed it back down to a normal pace and did this until I was at about 3.5 miles. At that point I had to use the restroom pretty bad so I jumped off the treadmill hurried back and still managed to keep all of my data by the time I got back (and nobody stole my treadmill!!). Anyways, so I did another interval and then I was pretty much shot. I had to quit the interval madness at about 4 miles and just kept up my usual pace for the last 3 miles. It was tough even keeping up my usual pace after all of those intervals.

This morning I checked out my schedule to see what runs I have left. That is when I realized that I really had a 7 mile tempo run scheduled. Which would have not killed me as much!!!

Anyways, tonight I have a measly 3 miler which will be interesting. Then it's my big 11 miler on Wednesday!

No comments: