Monday, April 6, 2009

Yearning to Run

I have officially not run in a week. And it is driving me bananas. Really. Tonight I will be unable to run because we are going to the Twins home opener (the very last one in the Metrodome) for my littlest brother's 18th birthday. I'm a very sweet sister, you see, and bought him lower level tickets to this game. And my favorite player, Joe Mauer, won't even be playing (he's on the injured list). So my brother better give me some big hugs for this one.

I have officially signed up to run with the Children's Tumor Foundation for NF when I run my Twin Cities Marathon. I ran into a few issues with Run4NF last year and decided that a more well known agency might actually help my cause. Run4NF was good to do what it needed to do, I just needed a change.

Anyways, hopefully tomm I will get a run in. Finally feeling better and the snow has melted from the ground so there should be no excuses!

5 comments:

nwgdc said...

CTF RUNNER! You won't be disappointed, I promise! I'm excited to meet you at the pasta dinner in the Twin Cities this October!

Bob Skold's this is my life . . . said...

I'll C U at TC in October .... we are growing a BIG and exciting team there and we will serve your interests. Feel the power of yellow baby!

EmLit said...

I hope you manage to get a run in, I know how hard it can be when you want to run but can't!

. said...

Glad to have you on the team! I've been in touch with several team members in Minnesota and they are a motivated bunch! Thanks for fighting for that cure!

Emily said...

I feel the same way! And was at the opener last night too. Bummer of a game, but fun to be there. I vow to run tonight though. I have ran here and there but feel like it hasn't been substantial. I know what you mean about driving you bananas! When you have all this energy and no outlet it gets all bound up inside.