Monday, April 13, 2009

6 Miles Down

Run Distance: 6 miles, Run Time: 1 Hour

Tonight's run went really really well. It felt absolutely wonderful. I made it 6 miles and actually felt like a runner again.

I only experienced one small problem while running today: sensitive skin. I think I'm allergic to Minnesota weather. I never had such bad skin problems until I moved here. Everytime Andy hugged me or barely touched my back this weekend, I yelped. It looks like I have a rash all over my legs, back, butt, and arms. I think it is due to the brutal winter we had. Sweating during my run today didn't exactly make it feel better. It stung pretty bad but I was on Cloud 9 with the rest of my body so I just ignored it. My legs were feeling amazing and my breathing was right on.

Strange development: I haven't had any knee pain while running lately. BUT it seems that I have a decent amount if I don't run for a couple of days. They start to hurt just sitting or on walks. I went for a walk with Andy this weekend and my right knee was acting up. But when I get to run, it eases up alot. I don't really understand it. Oh well, I guess it will keep me running!

Sorry it seems I always have some sort of ailment to write about. But that was an amazing run tonight! Hoping to get a nice one done outside tomm!

3 comments:

EmLit said...

Congratulations on having such a great run. As for your knee, I guess that's good news, right? I mean, like you said, you can keep running! That's good!

Irish Cream said...

Yay for a great run!! That's bizarre about the knee, but I agree with Emilie . . . at least it feels good when you run! Keep up the great work! :)

The Alien said...

I know what's happening to your knees, they are so addicted to endorphins that they get withdrawal syndrome if you don't run!!!