Monday, January 26, 2009

Punch to the Arm

This weekend I got a few workouts in. 2 weightlifting/eliptical sessions. The weightlifting went decent. My abs were killing me for days due to an overdose on crunches though. Actually...they still hurt when you touch them.

I stayed away from running this weekend. It took alot to keep me off the treadmill, but I did not step foot near it.

I went to the doc today. She told me that I needed to return to the Sports Medicine doctor I went to before and that they would probably put me through physical therapy again. I don't know that I want to do that all over. It didn't seem to get me anywhere in the long run?? Maybe I'm just too impatient. I will be debating whether or not to in the next few days.

Also, they gave me a tetanus shot. My entire arm feels like someone punched me really hard. That and I feel really sluggish. I need to workout tonight but I can barely move my arm. I'm wondering how that will deal with an eliptical? I suppose I could just do the leg work and not touch the arm bars.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am trying to decide what to do about PT too. I know its what my hip wants and probably needs, but it really didn't get me anywhere last summer...they just said to rest it, which is not possible right now. It's frustrating reoccuring injuries seem to resurface at the most annoying times.

The Alien said...

I hate when Doc's don't have an immediate answer for what you want. There should be a take-all-my-pain-away-now pill for runners. I think I would still go to the sports doc to hear what he has to say, he probably wont give you a solution right away, but I think it should be good to go anyways... just in case.