Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Actually RAN!

Run Distance: 3 miles, Run Time: 30 minutes

Good news...I actually got a run in yesterday night. Although, I will say it wasn't near as far as I'd hoped I'd go. My knees just barely started to tinge at the end so I think that they are doing well. I think I'm going to forgo the sports doc for a little while to see if I can battle this one on my own.

A new problem surfaced yesterday. My arm is still sore from the Tetanus shot so I couldn't lift weights. But I have had some strange other symptoms since the shot, including a slight fever, nauseous, etc. I guess this is somewhat typical for a Tetanus shot. Upon running 3 miles, I found that I felt like I was going to faint. I knew the feeling well...I was prone to fainting in the shower when I was a freshman in college. I have yet to faint since then. Anyways, my eyes started to get fuzzy, my hearing was on the verge of ringing, and my breathing seemed a bit labored. Usually there is a decent amount of time that serves as a warning prior to fainting for me. I tried to see if I could prevent it by breathing deep but that didn't work. I had to hop off the treadmill. Only trying not to cause a commotion, I quickly ran to get wipes to clean off the treadmill....barely seeing the wipes in front of me. After that, I went to sit down. Eventually my vision came back and I didn't faint. I'm not entirely sure where this came from...but it scared the crap out of me. The last place I want to faint is on the treadmill. It was bad enough in the shower in college.

Anyways, I seem to be alright now. I think it might have been the tetanus shot because that hasn't happened to me in YEARS! I'm running today as well...hopefully all goes well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, I faint at weird times to: the shower, the mall, doctor's offices (when I'm not the patient), soccer games...I've done it all. What a gross feeling (after the scary part).

I actually went to PT today and it's not the ITBand this time. YES! It's some sort of rotation issue with my ligaments and he does not want me to rest, just stretch a lot for 2 weeks and then see him again.

I heart my middle schoolers, honestly, they are my favorite group of kids. I would have thought differently during my student teaching so def. don't knock it til you try it!

The Alien said...

WOOHOO!!! You're running again! I would also blame the near-faint you had on the tetanus shot. Take it easy on your knees today and have a great run!!!