Thursday, January 8, 2009

New Gym Partner and Ugly Toe Stories

Workout: Run 4 miles- 45 minutes, 100 side crunches, 50 leg lift crunches, 2/15 abductors, 2/15 adductors

I woke up this morning and looked at the news to see the weather as I usually do. The temperature read -2 in the bottom of the screen and the weather guy was going through his report. It is only in Minnesota that a weather guy would introduce a -15 degree windchill by saying "Today, the windchill isn't so bad at -15 but you will still need to bundle up." I think I'll be writing more on my hatred for Minnesota winters in my non-running blog...but figured I'd just give you all a taste of how much I despise it!

Yesterday's workout went well. Ran a little over 4 miles in my alotted 45 minutes then hopped through the very crowded weightlifting area.

Good news...Tonight...I will be enrolling Andy at Anytime Fitness along with me! Woohoo! It took some convincing, but I think it will be alot of fun. That AND he told me he would run a 5k this summer with me. Mainly because he saw that my dad did it with me last summer. His words were, "If your dad can do it, I think I can pull it off."

One more post marathon update: My 2nd big toenail has finally fallen off. I lost the right a month ago and now the left has fallen off. I've done some reading on this...and it sounds like I may have a fun future with my large toenails in store for me. It appears that they frequently don't grow back in properly among other people's stories- thus resulting in a doctor's visit where they have to tear it back off. Seriously...I hope that doesn't happen to me. I also discovered that the gross dark color that appeared under my nail after my marathon was blood. I also found information that says I should have popped the blood out ASAP in order to save my nail. Nice that I found that out AFTERWARDS.

My friendly word of advice- Make sure your toes have plenty of room in your shoes before you set out to run 26.2 miles!

1 comment:

EmLit said...

Ooh, a mixture of good and bad news! First, yay for a training partner. Second, sorry to hear about your toe nails! I remember going with a friend and her mother to a store to get a new pair of running shoes when we were around 9--this girl's mother was an avid runner--she told us in passing to always wear shoes with room in the toe otherwise our toes would turn black. That was enough to make that one sink in! Go go scare tactics! I hope the regrowth process goes well...