Wednesday, July 1, 2009

25 Before 25

I've got some exciting news to share! Yesterday I was on the treadmill and having a GREAT run for once when I thought of a new goal. I am entitling it 25 Before 25. What is this goal you ask? I hope to lose 25 pounds before I turn 25. My birthday is Oct.13 so this leaves me very little wiggle room. I would have to lose 2 pounds per week, which is reasonable and healthy yet no room for error. So, at the end of each of my running blogs I will put a tally towards my goal. Since I have no idea what my exact weight is right now...I think I will start implementing this on Friday. This will be a tough one just because I will still be training for a marathon for almost the entire duration and trying to calculate calories while making sure I get enough to run is going to be interesting. But I assure you, I will make sure I still have enough to run. (Andy's concern was that I'd go out for a 20 miler on few calories--I assure you this will not happen). And, yes, I do have 25 lbs to lose...probably exactly the number I'd like to be comfortable with.

On another note, my 3 miler yesterday was awesome. I don't know if it is because my long runs have become longer--but finally the 3 miler wasn't bad. Although it could also be because we had a dip in temperature and it was in the high 60's to low 70's yesterday.

4 comments:

EmLit said...

Good luck, I think this is an excellent goal and I will be cheering you on the whole way!

Irish Cream said...

Great job on the training thus far, Rachel! You're rocking it!

I think your goal is really fun--and definitely doable. I think the great thing is that watching what you eat during training can lead to better runs--I know it has helped me a lot! Good luck, girl!! :)

KristaCANrun said...

Good luck!! Once you get that momentum going towards your goal, nothing will stop you! :)

The Alien said...

I love this challenge, although it seems like a lot to loose in a short period of time. You are going to have to work hard for it, but I'm sure that if someone can pull it off, that' you!