Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Short run

Run Time: 30 minutes. Run Distance: 3 miles. Eliptical time :15 minutes. Weight Lifting to consist of abductors and adductors

Yes...I made it to the gym yesterday. I was quite jealous this morning though to read Chris's report on his half marathon. It is freeeeezing cold here today. In the teens this morning. Last night it was so cold I swear it was the middle of the winter. My hands are dried out and cracking. And somehow Chris ran a race down in his neck of the woods. So jealous! Although, I won't say we don't have maniacs who run races in the winter here...we do. I'm just not one of them. Check this one out...Frozen 5k and Half Marathon. Last year I walked by these crazy heads while I went inside for a car show. If you really want to be a tough runner...let's see you run in Minnesota's coldest month with negatives in the teens, twenties, and sometimes thirties. Yikes! No thanks! Actually one of my mom's friends was training for a marthon in this coldness and slipped on ice, broke her leg. Not worth it to me.

Anyways, I ran inside in my nice warm gym yesterday. I made it to 3 miles and was totally comfortable for once. The last few runs I've had have been nothing but a struggle. The side stitches were coming back with a vengeance again. Mainly because I wasn't able to get to the gym but 1-2 times a week. This time...I had less time between my "non-gym" time and the side stitches stayed away. My body seems to be coming back...finally. I think I should be able to manage to get a few more workouts in this week and next week due to the fact that I have fewer hours at the 2nd job. Working 60 hours on top of school....not suggested. Seriously. If you ever get the loony idea in your head...remember Rachel told you not to.

And now...I have a shameless plug. I started an additional blog for the deep writer in me. Actually, really I want to write a book someday and I figured I'd start with a place to write about stuff that isn't related to running. You can view Rose-Colored Crooked Toes. The few posts that are on there still need some editing but it is a start.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Irish Cream said...

Um, I think I'll have to pass on the Frozen 5K/Half . . . that sounds like pure torture!!

Also, I am so impressed that you are juggling so much all at once, girl! You are like Super-Woman!!

Finally, I am really excited to read more of your non-running stuff--not that I don't love running blogs, but it can't hurt to mix some non-running stuff in there, can it? ;)

Hang in there!

Dr.Rutledge said...

Hi Rachel,
I'm an academic physician (formerly at Harvard and Stanford) who found your blog while looking for the best health writers. I think your writing is great! I would like to feature you in the Running Community on Wellsphere, a top 10 health website that has well over 2 million visitors monthly.

If you would like to learn more, just drop me an email to Dr.Rutledge@wellsphere.com