Monday, November 3, 2008

Lacking

So I don't have a lot of runs to report. I have found myself super busy since crossing that finish line. My classes are getting heavier and it seems that I never have time to actually get to the gym. I did, however, make it to the gym on Thursday. It turned out to be a very disappointing trip. I made it to about 1.5 miles when my feet (yea, feet?!) started hurting and my knees were crying. I cranked the speed down a bit and pushed through to 3 miles. I never thought I'd say "pushed through to 3 miles" again but that is what I did. I think that little break from running did more harm than good. Soooo...hopefully sometime this week I'll be trying to work in some extra mileage. It is 70 something degrees here today-shocking!! November in Minnesota and people are wearing shorts. I love it. However, I wish I were outdoors! Unfortunately I have a huge amount of homework to do when I get home so I don't know that I will be able to run. Yuck. We'll see what happens.

I was reading through my News Years Goals for 2008 and realized I surpassed my goal of running a half marathon by running my marathon! My next goal was to try a new sport. I have yet to do that...if any of you have some suggestions, let me know!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Snowboarding! Unless you already do it. I learned (oh wait - am still learning) 2 years ago and love it! Something for me to do in the winter.

Anonymous said...

I tried plating tennis this Sunday, haven't played for like 3 years... After 40mins I was tired!!! WTH?!?!? I can run for 2 hours without getting as tired as I was after 40mins of tennis! But I don't know if tennis would be the best choice with all the knee problems you've been having.

I'm also doing Yoga and loving it!!! Have you tried it yet?? You should! I think it's the best complementary sport that you can find!