Thursday, November 6, 2008

Not enough time

So I did manage to get a workout in yesterday. I did 32 minutes on the eliptical and then hit the treadmill for a good 20 minutes. I managed to get 2 miles of running in. I know 2 miles seems so measly right now, but for some reason it is a battle to run lately. I have an interview for a 2nd job today. It is at a retail store kind of like a "Macy's" called Herbergers up here. I haven't really worked in such an environment since high school but the University isn't paying me enough to survive the holidays. So, not only will I be pursuing my Masters degree at night, I may also be working a 2nd job. YUCK! This is going to make my workout sessions even harder to fit in. Seriously...I wish I could just win the lottery and then I could run all day if I wanted...

Back to reality.

3 comments:

Alissa said...

I hear you on wishing you could win the lottery and run every day with out other commitments. I just got an email from a friend who's running 60 miles a week training for a Boston Qualifying time. Made me wish I could do it too. There is just no way I'd have the time or energy to run that much with my 50hour a week job, 45 min commute and maintain a good relationship with my husband. No way I could do that!

You know, some time off from running might be just what you need. Come back to it after the holidays and you might find yourself faster than before!

nwgdc said...

I know exactly how you feel. why even bother with 2 miles? that's pretty much where I am too. Congrats to you for putting in half an hour!! ...but save the elliptical for when it gets REALLY cold in a couple weeks. get outside now!

*jen* said...

Dang girl, you've got a lot going on. I can relate to a measly 2 mile run issues...things will get better though. Good luck with the job and/or the lottery. :)