Thursday, June 11, 2009

More Like a Runner

I'm starting to feel like my old self again--like a real runner. I went to the gym with Andy on Tuesday and cranked out the 3 miler that was on my schedule. I felt great during the entire run and probably could have run another 3 but I was considerate to both my schedule and Andy's desire to not spend so long in the gym.

The weather here has been abnormal--really kind of chilly and gloomy. I am excited to see the sun poking through the clouds today so that I can actually try to get a run in this afternoon.

I am starting to get really excited about my fundraising for Neurofibromatosis. The owner of Plastic Products Company, a corporate plastic company that I interned with in high school, has made a nice donation. My cousin who is an amazing artist has also agreed to create some artwork for a raffle. I have also been seeking out some other organizations for raffle items. It really is a motivator to think about the impact that my donators make even in the smallest amount. Yay!

Not much else to update you on right now....Happy Running!!

2 comments:

EmLit said...

Yay! Congrats on a good run :) Also, way to go on the fundraising. That is not easy stuff, and it sounds like you are coming along nicely!

Irish Cream said...

Oh yay! I'm so happy to hear you're feeling much more like your normal running self :) That is GREAT news! And it also sounds like the fundraising is coming along nicely . . . Keep up the great work on both fronts!!