Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Ready to Race

So I figured I'd start this blog up to help out those who ARE interested in my running. Those who aren't then don't have to read about it in my regular blog.

I have signed up for a half marathon finally! I will be running the Gopher to Badger Half Marathon that goes from Stillwater to Hudson on August 9th. This has been my ultimate goal for this year and I am determined to make it happen.

You can follow my training through this blog. I will be updating with my workouts and may work in some meal plans as well. I hope to share some insight into running for those are beginning to train right along with me!

Right now I am running about a 6 mile run 4 days a week. On occasion I will get side stitches and have some problems completing the run on a treadmill and will resort to doing my eliptical workout instead. I hope to get rid of this problem so that I don't have to worry about it on race day.

If you have any suggestions or advice, let me know!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good luck :) i started from scratch myself just yesterday. hoping to hit the atlanta half marathon in november.