Saturday, January 3, 2015

Too Long!!!

Wow!  It has been way too long since I've posted on this blog.  I need to do an update and to get back to running again.

Since the last time that I blogged, I have run quite a few additional races, and been through many different changes.

In April of 2013, I married the love of my life, Andy.  It was a beautiful ceremony, and I've grown to love him more and more each day. I never thought it possible to love him more than I already did when I gave birth to our beautiful baby girl, Caitlyn Rose in June of 2014.  There is a long story behind that which can be read on my mommy blog http://toothpastemama.blogspot.com.

On the health side of things, I lost nearly 80 pounds when I was in the process of getting married, and was the thinnest that I have ever been.  I've never in my life been able to wear a size 6, and I was in a size 6.  It felt amazing. 

Then I got pregnant and everything changed.  I am now probably near the heaviest that I have been.  I am currently breastfeeding, so it difficult to figure out what I can and can't do without losing milk supply.  However, she just hit 6 months, and I think that I can attempt to cut some calories and start doing some walking/running.  I think that I will start with short walks and runs on the treadmill since it is blustery cold here in Minnesota.  I'm hoping to eat more protein and vegetables and hope that just eating healthier will help to shed some pounds. 

We are going to Tahoe this summer, and my goal is to look somewhat better for Caitlyn's 1 year birthday pictures.  I don't want to hide from the camera at that point.  I want her to see her mommy in her pictures. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm Lindsey! I have a question and would love to speak with you. Could you please email me when you have a chance? I'd really appreciate it, thanks. Looking forward to hearing from you :) lindseyDOTcaldwellATrecallcenterDOTcom