Thursday, August 27, 2009

Yet Again...Sick

Somewhere between Missouri and Minnesota, I captured a bug. It seems like I've been sick at least 3 times this year, highly abnormal for me. It isn't even winter!

Anyways, Monday I ran 4 miles despite feeling the sickness coming on.

Tuesday, the sickness got the better of me and I didn't run.

Wednesday was worse than Tuesday. Had a fever. Went to work still...but didn't run.

I have a mild fever now but feel a little better. The runny nose stuff has lightened up but it seems I now have a cough. Really, I have to get out and run. I know..."anything below the neck, don't run." Well...I have to. I have a 9 mile run that needs to get done. I probably won't make it the full 9 but I have to at least try to make it out there.

I have an 18 miler this weekend that I am really hoping I get better for. I missed last weeks 12 miler on vacation and so I NEED this one.

2 comments:

SDrunner said...

It's cool that you still want to run, even though you're sick. But if you don't completely rest, you may stay sick longer. Even though I'm saying that, I always ran even though I was sick. That probably wasn't a good idea, but that's just me. Feel better!

Irish Cream said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry you are feeling crappy . . . but trust me when I say that running with a cough is not the best idea ever. During my last training cycle, I got a flu/cold thing that moved it's way into my chest and I attempted to run a half-marathon despite feeling yucky (and at that point, the illness was at least on its way out--I just wasn't fully recovered yet). I ended up having 4 lousy weeks of training after the half that left me SUPER far behind and playing catch up for the rest of the training cycle--it was such a bummer that all of my hard work early in the cycle was basically ruined because I ran that one day! Nobody can tell for sure, but I would bet that if I had skipped the half-marathon and rested for another few days until I was fully recovered, I would have jumped right back into training and been fine. Please be careful with running while sick with that cough, chica! Feel better soon!! :)