Thursday, January 14, 2010

Losing Mileage

I really don't know what my deal is lately. A few weeks ago I was running 6 milers and intervals and loving it. The last two weeks have really sucked. I've barely cranked out 3 milers and in fact, Monday I could only muster out 2.5 miles. So, so frustrating.

I don't think I can even tell you the cause of this problem. One day it was the fact that my legs were really really tight and in pain. The next day it seemed to be that I had no energy. The next day it was that my breathing was off. Yea that one was Monday. All of these factors make me feel like I did when I first started running years ago. So frustrating.

I have class tonight so there will be no gym time. However, I am going to take on this problem on Friday and hopefully see some sort of improvement in my endurance. Seriously.

2 comments:

SueBob said...

Sorry to hear about your struggles lately...sometimes it is a success to even start a run. One thing to consider - I am always surprised how much what I do when I am not running (eating, sleeping, general stress, etc) effects my runs.

EmLit said...

Sometimes it seems like some weeks are just harder than others for no apparent reason. I'm sure it won't last and you'll be cranking out the miles again very soon!